COMMUNICATING WITH THE CAMP OFFICE
In addition to our CampInTouch platform, Camp Shalom will be active on a variety of sites, on a daily basis. Throughout the summer, for a sneak peak, please visit our website to connect with our and accounts.
Please visit our Camp Shalom Directors Blog for cool stories and newsletters. Weekly newsletters are also posted in your CampInTouch account under the Newsletters section.
Summer Office Main Line: (352) 546-2223
THE BEST HOURS TO CALL THE CAMP WHILE IN-SESSION ARE:
- 10 AM - 12:45 PM
- 3 PM - 5:45 PM
- 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM
If your call is sent to voicemail, leave your full name, camper’s full name, your relation to the camper, reason for call, date and time. Messages are checked every few hours.
- Family members are welcome to contact Camp owners and/or directors via e-mail, anytime. Please reference your child’s name and the color of their cabin.
- Executive Director, David Fried- email@example.com
- Main Office/ Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Management, Co-Owner- Sarah Sokol, email@example.com
- Health Center– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send mail to: 168 Camp Shalom Trail, Orange Springs, FL 32182
- On the envelope or post card, please reference the name of your child’s cabin (color) which is provided in late May.
- USPS Mail is picked up from the local post office, Monday - Friday. Due to the Camp’s location, mail can be slow; however, it’s very important campers receive mail while at camp. Please make an effort to send regular letters to your child! Many parents pre-write letters before the session begins so they can mail them out early. Campers, just like parents, look forward to receiving letters & postcards. This summer campers are required to write home a minimum of once per week.
Campers are allowed to receive emails from home. All emails must be sent through your CampInTouch account. Camp Shalom pays for 3 emails per week. All additional emails will require a small fee.
- Campers are allowed to receive a max. of 2 packages per week.
- We encourage you to use Fed-Ex and/or UPS when sending packages.
- Make sure that all contents are clearly labeled with child’s full name.
- Upon delivery, packages are sorted, recorded and opened by staff members.
- Any item not allowed on camp on camp will be confiscated/disposed of and unfortunately, senders won’t be notified.
- Please share this information with anyone who might send your child a package!
- We appreciate your help with this, as we hate throwing out gifts!
- Camp is not responsible for any items initially brought to camp and/or sent during camp.
- DO NOT SEND FOOD OF ANY KIND TO CAMPERS!